- Experience the making of coconut products in Ben Tre
- Explore the authentic delta village life.
- Indulge in the bustling market in Cai Rang
- Visit some famous attractions in Chau Doc
Would you like to customise your trip?
Entrust us with your dream and together, we'll create it.Send us your request
From Ho Chi Minh city, we will start off the trip to Ben Tre, a lovely countryside province of Mekong Delta which is 130 km away and takes 2.5 – 3 hours driving. At Phong Nam Pier, you will take a boat ride on the river of Chet Say (Mekong’s part).
Before reaching the destination, the boat will stop at some indigenous workshops for tourists to experience the making of the traditional products. One of the most interesting workplaces you are about to visit is the coconut factory, where every single part of it is used and process into different products like coconut charcoal, sweet, handicraft or hat.
With a view to bringing the local life closer to the tourists, the boat will stop at a local village located on a small canal. When you set foot on the weaving house, you can observe how the straw mat are made and even experience yourself weaving one.
Leaving the weaving workshop, you will find yourself on xe loi (a motorized rickshaw vehicle) or riding a bike if you like to get into the deeper villages of the region. On beautiful rice paddy fields and green growing lands, farmers are harvesting, plowing the soil by simple tools, enjoy the site yourself.
Then, let’s take a short rest and have lunch at a local house, tasty local dishes that cooked from elephant - ear fish, river shrimp and some glasses of cold drinks would make you pleased.
You have enjoyed your time there, now let’s sail back to the Pier through the channels and travel to Can Tho. Have dinner by yourself. Staying one night at the hotel.
Set off on boat at Ninh Kieu Quay, you will be taken to Cai Rang market - a vibrant and lively market that floats on the river.
On the flowing slow boat, the images of floating boats trading goods and tropical fruits of magosteen, bananas, mangos, star apples or the sweet smelling longans and the king of fruit: durian. After tasting the flavors of fresh fruit at a really cheap price, you will have a relaxing time cruising around Can Tho. During the trip, observing local simple life and their daily activities, you will fall for the plain beauty of this rustic countryside.
Chau Doc is your next destination. The town with the diverse culture of Chinese, Cham and Khmer is situated on the river banks. Through the vast rice paddy fields, the highest mountain of the area - Sam (690 feet in height) and the Mubarak mosque appear magnificently in your sight.
Check in your hotel. Dinner on your expense. Staying one night at the hotel.
Having your breakfast done, let’s travel by boat to easy and calm rural life of Cham/Khmer fishing villages in the area, which close to Cambodian border. Then, you will go back to the hotel to have lunch.
Rest for a while till afternoon, you will be taken to Sam mountain and contemplate many gorgeous architecture of the worship place, which makes it become a favorite destination of pilgrimage. The sites include: Ba Chau Xu Temple, Tay An pagoda and the Thoai Ngoc Hau Tomb. Dinner on your own and overnight stay at the hotel.
After finishing your breakfast, you will travel back to Ho Chi Minh city. Meals on your expense.
- Accommodation in a shared twin or shared double room with daily breakfast
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
- Local English speaking guide
- Boat trips as mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals where mentioned (B: breakfast; L: lunch; D: dinner)
- Entrance fees
- Water for activities (1 bottle per person per day)
- International flight tickets
- Vietnam visa
- Single supplement surcharge
- Other meals than mentioned
- Other services than mentioned
- Drinks, other than water on activity days
- Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, drinks, tip...)
- Travel insurance
Time Travel: With temperatures remaining constant year round in Southern Vietnam, you can plan for yourself a fantastic trip to this area in any time of the year.
Rooms are available from 14.00 on arrival day until 12.00 on departure day, room supplement charge will be added for request of early/late check in/out
Airfares (if any) may change without notice prior to e - ticket issuance.
Price for infants and children will be quoted as follow:
- Children under 2 years old: Free of charge (Maximum 1 child under 2 years old travels with 2 adults; from the second child, 50% of the regular fare will be applied)
- Children from 2 to 5 years old: 50% of the regular fare will be applied
- Children from 5 to 11 years old: 75% of the regular fare will be applied
- Children from 12 years: 100% of the regular fare will be applied
During Peak Season and special occasions, surcharges may be added to the price:
- Christmas and New Year’s Eve: Compulsory meals would be added during these times of the years, depends on hotels or resorts you will stay overnight.
- Easter Holidays 10 April – 12 April: Extra fee will be applied during holiday.
- Vietnam Lunar New Year 24 January – 27 January: Extra fee will be applied during holiday.
For Vietnam: You must have a valid passport and a visa (or pre-approval letter for a visa on arrival) to enter Vietnam.
Your passport must be valid for six months beyond your planned stay, and you must have at least two blank pages for each visa stamp. Our consultant will be happy to advise you on visa requirement.