- Contemplate the stunning sunrise on the top of Phousi Mount
- Admire the architecture of Vat Xieng Thong, Wat Visoun and Wat Mai temples.
- Immerse in the refreshing water of Khuang Si Waterfall.
- Explore local villages and learn about traditional manufactures of Lao wine and Jute Sar paper.
- Discover the wonderful caves of Pak Ou
Would you like to customise your trip?
Entrust us with your dream and together, we'll create it.Send us your request
When you arrive at the airport, you will be welcomed by our local guide and taken to the hotel for checking in. Meals on your own. Overnight stay at the hotel in Luang Prabang.
*Optional: Tak Bat ceremony
If you manage to wake up early, attend the alms giving ceremony for cultural knowledge. Highly recommend you to watch the sunrise at the crossroads in town about 05.00 AM. At that time in Luang Prabang, monks in saffron robes from many temples will walk in long silent line to receive the offerings, which are sincerely offered to them.
In the morning, depart for the Phousi Mount, from which you can catch the vista of the nature around and the city.
Then, we pay a visit to Vat Xieng Thong (Royal City’s Temple) – an important ancient evidence of religious, royalty and art.
After that, the destination of Wat Visoun is waiting ahead. The temple owns strange and incredible structure of Lao former style.
Coming up next is the Wat Mai temple. Located nearby Royal Palace, the stunning temple was built in 18th century and is the largest, most decorated temple of Luang Prabang.
One more destination to go: Kuang Si Falls, which is lovely with turquoise water. During your moving, hundred miles of rice paddy fields, small rustic villages alongside the path are pleasing to watch. Stopover at some villages for sightseeing. Then, immerse yourself in the cool water of Kuang Si's secret pools.
You are free for the rest of the day. Lunch and dinner on your own. Overnight stay at the hotel in Luang Prabang.
In the morning, we will take a two - hour cruise to the upstream of Mekong River from the center of Luang Prabang. There, plenty of Buddha images in Pak Ou caves are wonderful to contemplate. Pak Ou (mouth of the Ou river), the Tham Ting (lower cave) and the Tham Theung (upper cave) are located at the ideal positions to overlook the Mekong river.
You can also find several caves on the right side of the river from which you can reach to Ban Xang Hai village. Right here, you shall spend some time learning about the making of LauLao (Lao whisky) and LauHai (Lao rum). Then, you will travel back to Luang Prabang. On your way, the vehicle will stop at Ban Xang Khong and Ban Xienglek for tourists to observe the process of making Jute Sar paper by hands.
You are free for the rest of the day. Meals on your own. Overnight stay at the hotel in Luang Prabang
Have your time and be ready to transfer to the airport (without guide) and catch your flight. Meals on your own.
End of tour services.
- Accommodation in a shared twin or shared double room with daily breakfast
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
- Boat trips as mentioned in the itinerary
- Local English speaking guide
- Meals where mentioned (B: breakfast; L: lunch; D: dinner)
- Entrance fees
- Water for activities (1 bottle per person per day)
- International flight tickets
- Laos visa
- Single supplement surcharge
- Other meals than mentioned
- Other services than mentioned
- Surcharge for Special Holidays (Christmas, New Year,…)
- Drinks, other than water on activity days
- Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, drinks, tip...)
- Travel insurance